Post Punk-Goth Rock-Coldwave-Darkwave-Rare New Wave-Deathrock-Minimal-Synthwave-80s-Contemporary

Post Punk-Goth Rock-Coldwave-Darkwave-Rare New Wave-Deathrock-Minimal-Synthwave-80s-Contemporary

viernes, 24 de abril de 2015

L'Ordre d'Héloïse (French Coldwave)

I recently had the opportunity to talk with Alain, member, along with Jérôme, Coldwave band L'Ordre d'Héloïse, and here you can see an interesting interview full of musical influences, projects and history of the band from Lille (France).



1. We know all started back in 1992, tell us how was the beginning of L'Ordre d'Héloïse?
I met Frédéric in front of our school, my look left no doubt about the fact that I loved The Cure! He was a fan also. He left the band in which he played to join my group "Black Scream". After some time  we decided to play our own music instead of covers... The group has been renamed "L'ordre d'Héloïse". Frédéric task was mainly  the composition, I took care of the texts. Gradually, however, the duties have been divided equally. Frederic had the gift to  make my lyrics become totally his, sing them and composing music for them  as if it they had been written by him... We were tied above all by a deep friendship , and music was our common passion.

2. There was emblematic bands like The Cure or Depeche Mode as influence in your music... How has been influenced L'Ordre d'Héloïse the music of the 80s?
The Cure mainly... I was 16 when "Disintegration" has been released ! I already loved The Cure at the time...  But when I heard this album, I knew that my life was going to change! I started  to play music at that time... Guitar, Bass, Keyboards... Even a bit of drums now !
Other bands have also influenced us: The Chameleons UK, Dead Can Dance, Joy Division or Cranes (I'm totally a fan of Alison Shaw's voice).
More generally, I think that all the “cold” music of that era influences us, we draw something, in the emotions that come out... Emotions that we try to put into our music.

3. How has evolved your music over time?
I think our music has evolved with us in many parameters.  First of all we are ageing, so we gain maturity in the lyrics. The same can be told about technical skills. And our collection of  instrument get richer,  and this is an opportunity to find new sounds.
Our personal life changes also... The story of the group is marked by the death of Frédéric last year... It deeply affected me, because he was first of all a close friend, we were almost a family. It is obvious that musical perspectives change under these conditions. We are primarily story tellers, when life got darker, this fall inevitably down on the color of the stories...



4. Nowadays there is a resurgence of Cold Wave, what do you think of it?
I am pleased that the emotional music regains space in the current music. But that does not change a lot for us. We make coldwave since we know three chords alignments... Because it is our native language, our DNA.

5. Recently you have released the album "Après le chaos"...
Yes, and we will try look for a label to distribute this album ! After the death of Frédéric, it was vital for me to write new songs, some of them are an evident  tribute to the great musician and friend that he has been for me. Jérôme joined me playing  guitar (also the bass on some tracks), our line-up does not allow us to think about making concerts and then for having played live when I was younger, I know that would require a great commitment and work and honestly, our personal lives do not allow us to do it. That said, what really  matters to us is above all to tell stories.

6. What projects does L'Ordre d'Héloïse have in mind for this 2015?
We are already working on the album that will follow "Après le chaos". It should be called "A la folie".  We also plan to  have some collaborations with female singers for songs written specifically, I want to send a message to  all the female singers  who can sing in French, don't hesitate to contact us if you are interested!
We will try to continue to promote "L'ordre d'Héloïse" to get more known, because we just made the first steps on this... I'd like to use the opportunity of that interwiew to share some links:



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario